Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Final Stages

It feels like it's been a while since I have posted a WIP, but I promise I've been working on things. I am trying to finish the sashing on the Bear Paw in the Honey quilt and then will only have the border left, which is a matter of piecing all the scraps together (it might take a while).

I also have been working on the Over the Rainbow Flower Quilt, but changed my mind on layouts AFTER I had sewn them together.  I went to the LQS and purchased more green so I could make more blocks.  Frankly, I wish I could make even more.  I still feel like it needs more yellow, but I think I'm all out. I might go back and check one more time to see if there's any way I can finagle a few more blocks together. Even if it's just four more, I really think it would help.


I finally got the Dr. Seuss quilt pinned and am just trying to figure out what quilting to do.  I thought about...
1) Bubbles of different sizes in the pattern fabric and a simple outline of the figures in the picture blocks.
2) Circles swirling out from each of the pictures and having a little overlap as they stretch out into each other. 
I think I'm going to use yellow thread, which will add a little color without being too overwhelming. What do you think? I admit, I am a little afraid of making the circles because I am not sure how to get them evenly spaced as the circle gets bigger and bigger. 





























Besides all of this, I have also been in a major cooking/baking mood.  My son's birthday distracted me with trying to make the perfect cupcake from scratch (three batches later I am still working on it, although the kids are always willing to hide the evidence for me).  I have also been working on several new dinner meals; trying to mix it up a little. 

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. OMG, it's Wednesday!?! It seems each week is a little faster than the last. Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment