Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pattern Paper as fun as Fabric

I love pattern paper! It reminds me a lot of fabric and quilting.  Thinking of all the different combinations and designs you can create.  Awe-some! Just like with fabric, the choices can be overwhelming and it can be hard to narrow it down.  Also like with quilting, I really don't like having scraps left over. I am not so good at using scraps and I end up with a big box of paper pieces that I can't throw away, but I find difficult to use again.
I needed to make some thank you cards for my son to send to people for his birthday presents.  I wanted something masculine, quick and easy, and still has the look of homemade. I was searching through my paper collection and found these beauties.



I decided to make this pattern...



And quickly realized this was going to land me with a bunch of scraps that would be difficult to use.  So, I decided to switch the green and the pattern to balance it out...



But then I realized I was still going to have scraps, only it would now be a mix of colors of scraps.  So, I took what I had (instead of cutting anymore paper) and came up with this...



I am super happy with all of them.  I love using up all the paper, and when I was finished I only had a small (but still easily usable) piece of the pattern paper.  Just the way I like it. Now it's his turn to fill them in and we can send them off.


Stamp Set:  'Thank You' from Close to my Heart
Ink: 'Bashful Blue' from Stampin' Up

No comments:

Post a Comment