Friday, September 20, 2013

Dr Seuss is in the Bag

I was in need of a quick project I could finish in a day.  It was one of those days that felt like I wasn't accomplishing anything and it was time to change that pattern.  So, I pulled out the last of the fabric from my Dr Seuss Quilt (still pinned and waiting for me to quilt it) and started cutting.  I figured out the largest squares I could cut for the maximum use of the fabric I had left over.  When I laid out the squares, I realized I had enough to make two smaller bags.  Now each child would have one to play with; perfect.


Each panel is a little different.  They all have the black with white spots alternating with different prints. I wish I had more red fabrics left, but no luck so I threw some blue in there instead.  I like the soft touch the blue offers.



Each bag is lined with white and red spot fabric.  This is what I used for the backing of the quilt. I decided to sew them together in a way that allowed the bag to be reversible.  Kind of a nice option in case the kids decide they don't want to carry matching bags, right?



I really enjoyed this quick project.  It was fun to figure out what I wanted them to look like and how to measure things out, etc. I wish I could have figured out how to sew the lining inside and then flip it so it was hidden.  Next time. I definitely will try this again, in different sizes, so I'll have the opportunity to try again. This has given me lots of ideas and motivation for the other scraps I have from various quilts over the years.  I am ready to get back to work.

I am linking up with Finish Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.  Looking forward to a great, and very busy weekend! Yeah! Enjoy, and thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment