Friday, January 1, 2016

Chocolate Walnut Banana Muffins

I know I already have a recipe for Banana Bread on here, but I found this muffin recipe and it is just too good not to include it in my recipe stash. The muffins are soft, cake-y, and moist. The nuts add a wonderful texture and of course chocolate makes everything better.


I am a super fan of the mini-muffin, too. Easy to freeze, quick to thaw, and fun to add to the kids lunches for a healthier treat. These will definitely be making many appearances over the next few weeks in our house.

Chocolate Walnut Banana Muffins
 
3 c flour
1 ½ c sugar
1 ½ c chopped walnuts
3 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 c canola oil
2 eggs
3-4 medium to large, ripe bananas, mashed
6 Tbs milk
½ c mini chocolate chips



Pre-heat the oven to 375 F. Mix together the flour, sugar, walnuts, baking soda, and salt in a mixer.  In a bowl, mash the bananas. Add the oil, milk, and eggs and whisk together until creamy. Turn the mixer on and add the wet ingredients slowly.  Do not over-mix. Turn off once incorporated. Add mini chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
Scoop into a greased mini-muffin pan so that each muffin mold is full. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove and allow them to cool on the counter a few minutes before taking them out of the pan to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
These freeze wonderfully! I pack them flat in a freezer bag and lay them flat until frozen. Then I can shift them for better storage. If you would like full-size muffins, simply increase your baking time about 5 minutes.



*This recipe is adapted from Williams-Sonoma “Muffins” book. I did very little as it’s a great recipe, but there are a couple changes. I doubled all the ingredients so I could make and freeze more at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment