Sunday, January 3, 2016

Goal Review, and the New Year

When I look back at the goals I set for last year, I feel like things did not go well at all. Here's a review...

10 Things I want to Accomplish in 2015:

1. Finish my Vintage Stars Quilt - quilting and binding 
***It's still sitting there, taunting me. Maybe someday I can finish?

2. Finish my son's Pirate Quilt 
***Complete!! Yeah! I even got a wall hanging done to match.

3. Finish the Alaska Stars Quilt - order more fabric to accomplish this 
***I've concluded that I don't need more fabric, I just need to get to work.

4. Make at least one Alphabet Quilt 
***Complete!! Yes, finally!

5. Complete a quilt from something pinned on Pinterest 
***Not yet, but I've added more choices.

6. Add at least one tutorial to the blog 
***I've concluded that until I get the software to help with the calculations, it's just not my cup of tea. Hopefully I will be able to get the EQ7 soon.

7. Complete a quilt pattern to post on Etsy 
***Not yet, see #6

8. Complete the BOM quilt top 
***I just can't commit to anything. I want to...

9. Make a quilt for the sofa for hubby
***Not yet. fabric limitations and time have prevented this from happening.

10. Minimize fabric purchases to only necessities/work thru stash 
***This actually went well this year. I hope I can keep this up next year while still completing my projects.

When I look at this list, I realize I stalled out on a lot of the projects. Maybe my goals were too specific, maybe I ran out of time. We had a lot of changes around here last year and 2016 seems be promising more consistency in our schedule. We'll see if that pans out, but I think I'll drop my list down and make more general goals.

So...for 2016, my goals are:

1. Work thru my UFO's in an effort to complete at least 5 of them.
2. Minimize fabric purchases to only necessities.
3. Make a quilt for hubby for the couch.
4. Organize my sewing stuff and try to get it out of my daughters room. (so bad, right?!?)
5. Maintain my health, sanity, and relationships with my family by letting go and being okay with prioritizing.

Those seem simple enough, right? I hope I'm able to do more, and the truth is I finished more last year than is listed in my goals. Being so general like this will hopefully allow me more freedom to do what I need while still feeling productive and accomplished. It's the year of streamlining.

Welcome to 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment