Friday, March 8, 2013

Finished, For Now...


I have been working on this quilt for a few weeks now and have reached the point for backing and quilting.  There's a shop in San Diego, Rosies Quilt Shop, that has a fantastic selection of just about any  collection of fabric you might want.  I mean, I can get lost in that store for a couple of hours; of course my bank account doesn't appreciate that so much. :)


I was super worried I wasn't going to have enough green for the border.  I wanted to make it look like the triangles were floating on the green.  Now I'm hoping I have enough for the binding.  It will be a while though, so for now, I'm declaring it finished! Yeah!

I am hooking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for the Finish it Friday! Enjoy the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your comment about Rosie's. we were on holiday in San Diego a couple of years ago and I managed to sneak in a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! Every summer we have to go to that store if we're in San Diego. Totally worth it! Love, love, love! Hope they have a nice back for this one come summertime. Thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. It is very unique, I haven't seen anything like it. Did you use a pattern? nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pattern I thought I would use, but I didn't like the sizing of the triangles and the pattern cut off the triangles along the side so there was no border. So, I made my own sizing and border patterns. I guess I am not good at following instructions. :) Thanks so much for coming by my blog and for leaving a comment.

      Delete