Wednesday, March 6, 2013
I have been trying hard to get some of my UFO's worked on. There are 2 in particular that I have been focused on.
1) This is a quilt I am working on for a friend who's expecting a new arrival in May. Last time it was a stack of blocks, so I am really happy with the progress I have made. Once all of the pinwheels were sewn together I decided I wanted to make it a little bigger, so I bought some more of the dark pink to use as borders and binding and I am thinking I'll put some more pinwheels in the corners to frame it a little. Getting excited with how it's turning out.
Last time I posted this I was debating on fleece backing vs. cotton backing. There was more support of the fleece in the comments, and I think I agree so that's what I'm going to go with. Thanks to those with the feedback! Much appreciated!
2) This second project is something I have been on and off with since late 2011, when my machine was in and out of the shop for almost a year. I had a loaner machine, but it wasn't able to quilt so I got A LOT of piecing done during that time. I made two of these (not sure why now) and the first one is already done. I just need a back for this one, so I have pulled it out to work on when I am out of fabric for the other projects I have going :).
The black really makes a bold statement with the fruits and veggies! I love the look! Interested to see how this back looks; I'm so used to whole cloth that it's been challenging to piece it together instead. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
I am linking up today with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on!