It started simple enough. I got the zipper assembled and sewn to the panels. I put a binding on the pocket and attached that.
Then I attached the handles with a cross-stitch "x" pattern. While doing this my machine got tangled; literally. I was using a Coats and Clark thread spool, which I don't care to use but the color was right. I don't like using them because there have notches on them that the thread gets caught on while sewing. I didn't realize that's what was happening and the thread kept pulling tighter and tighter. I stopped stitching and looked up to find the culprit. I fixed the thread and tried to re-thread the needle and it wouldn't move. It was locked in a right-stitch position. Errr!
I thought for sure I'd broken the machine. I tried everything and couldn't get it corrected. My last ditch effort was to just try sewing and see what would happen. Huge Sigh of Relief!!! It worked! I was back to work.
I finished attaching the handles and then used a zigzag stitch and a finishing stitch to complete the bag. I had to get it done so I could move on, so last night I got a dirty look from my husband as I sat at the sewing machine and he headed off to bed. I feel so much better! I was able to get it done! Phew!
Such a fun little purse! I still have some scraps, though, so I guess there's still a little more work to do to get all of them done. So much fun!
I'm linking up today with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finished Friday! Glad I was able to get a finish in this week. Looking forward to seeing others progress.