Wednesday, August 13, 2014

BlockBuster Block #5

This was a tough one! Not because the pattern was awkward or because I wasn't thrilled with the colors (I mean, they're pink! Who could be upset about that!) but because it was super challenging to make a flower out of this pattern with the fabrics I had to work with.

There was actually a couple of times I thought, maybe I should break the rules I set up for myself and get a different fabric into this one. Or, maybe it's time to break down and get one of the Oops packs with extra fabrics in the colors of the blocks. But NO! I must be strong! I must resist the easy route and find a way to make this work!

And I did it!


I try and try to draw pictures and plan it out but it just doesn't seem to work for me. I guess it's kind of like me trying to use a pattern; just doesn't go well. So, I figured out what I could get out of the fabric I had and I cut; I know, it's scary.  Totally worth it! It took me back to my teaching days when I would plan out my daily lesson on my way to school and it would end up being amazing! That's how I felt about the end result of this block.


I'm so excited about sharing this one at the LQS for the block of the month group. So glad I got to share it with you. I was starting to worry I wasn't going to get it done in time, I was procrastinating so much with it. But I made it! Yeah!

Linking with Freshly Pieced today for WIP Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment