Saturday, August 23, 2014

Motivated in the Kitchen


I love when I get a burst of energy to get things done, and then I'm actually able to get those things done! THE BEST! I was on a mission the last couple of days with recipes.

I bought the ingredients for egg rolls as well as things to make my own trail mix a couple days ago. I'm trying to put together those recipes and another bread recipe, but until then, I kept myself busy with produce I got the other day.




It's finally peach time here and they taste amazing! My kids DEVOUR peaches! I cannot keep them in the cabinet, they eat them so fast. I saw Sprouts was having a sale, and I went for it.  They also had Pink Lady apples on sale, which is a fave around here so I bought a bunch of those as well.



Aren't they beautiful?!?!? I love the colors they show off in their simple clear jars! Just amazing! Makes my mouth water just looking at them.  I could open a jar right now...but I won't. I better wait for the kids to wake up from rest time or I'll be in big trouble. ;)

I'm going to experiment a little with the canned apples. I want to try putting them in lunches with a little cinnamon-sugar (we can't have any nuts, including peanut butter, in lunches) and I want to try making applesauce, and peach-applesauce, and strawberry applesauce, and...well, you get the idea. We're going to have fun with apples around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment