After completing my last alphabet quilt, Learning the ABC's, I decided I wanted to try another one with a slightly different method. My Mom had this panel in her stash and she let me have it so I could "play".
At first I thought about making a book, which I think was its original intent, but it wasn't squared up so I needed to separate the squares and thus was FORCED to make a baby quilt out of it; so hard! I figured it gave me a chance to practice some more trapunto.
Look how fluffy those blocks are! The texture on this quilt is amazing! It was so much fun to make this! I used 2-ply poly batting underneath all of the letters and sashing, whereas last time I sewed it onto the letters only. I think I liked it better on the letters only, but it sure made it fluffy! I feel like the jaguar is looking at the camera.
The alphabet border was a bear to track down. I looked and looked and couldn't find the right thing. I finally tracked something down at a LQS and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Ironically, after I got it all finished I was searching my Mom's stash for something else and I found more fabrics from this line. Oh well, now I have more to work with on another project. I used what was left of the alphabet fabric on the back along with the leftover gingham.
I decided to hand-bind this one. It was small and quick, so it was fast to finish. I added one of my tags rather than making a label, which is such an awesome alternative when you want to date a project without doing a whole label.
I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finished Friday. So glad to have a finish to share, and I'm hoping there will be more coming soon.