Monday, March 11, 2013

Goody, Goody Gumdrops

When I was young, I LOVED that saying.  Whenever I was told I could do something I really wanted, I said, "Goody, goody gumdrops!" When I finished this quilt, I was reminded of those wonderful days. I was so excited about this quilt.


While in San Diego I picked up a Moda Turnovers pack of a fabric line called, 'Swanky' by Chez Moi. It was, of course, from that wonderful shop Rosie's (can't get enough of that shop). I also bought the white I used to set the blocks. I knew I wanted to do pinwheels that were a little different and used a pattern from one of the BOM's that I had done before.


The pinwheels are set on-point and bordered with more paisley fabric from the same line.  The back is also a fabric from the same line that I got from a wonderful little shop I found on-line called Sew Fabulous.  The backing reminds me of watermelon, and the colors on the front make me think of spring and the warmth of the sun.


I continued to practice my 'quilting with a pattern', and I think it turned out pretty good.  I feel like my lines are getting smoother and my hands are getting more relaxed. I was really happy with how this one turned out.  I even had some leftovers of the paisley fabric and the backing and thought about trying a hexagon pattern with it.  One of the many projects that are in line and waiting their turn. :)

I am linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finished Friday!  Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Your 'quilting with a pattern' looks great- something I'm a little too lazy to tackle right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I love how you quilted it! I will be in San Diego in September, I will have to convince my husband to swing by that shop ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very springy, love it

    ReplyDelete