Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby Girl Quilt


Many of the quilts I've made are for friends, which I love.  I admit I get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I see pictures of the quilt in use. Whether it be on the floor as a play mat or on the wall in a nursery, I like knowing it's loved.

Something I like about baby quilts is that fat quarter "Sweet Treat" packs from Pincushion Boutique are the perfect amount of fabric. With minimal additions from my stash I can complete a fun little quilt.


For this one, I had some extra yardage to complete the pink squares and then used the fat quarters to complete the wonky sashing, and the borders. I modeled it after a quilt that was given to me by a friend when my first was born. I loved the border on this quilt, but man was it challenging to get all the measurements to add up. I wish I was better with patterns; I'm sure it would make my life easier, and my quilting faster.  But where's the challenge in that :).


Often for backs I use fleece to make it soft and light-weight (we live in the hot desert remember), but I wanted to use the last of the yardage, so I pieced this back. I wish I had better pictures, but many of my baby quilt gifts were pictured in haste as I was about to wrap and send off.  Procrastinator? Maybe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment