Tuesday, February 24, 2015

BOM #11

I can't believe we're already on block #11 for the Blockbusters Block of the Month I've been working on with my LQS. I keep waiting for the set of fabric I don't like, but I have loved every set so far. One month to go!

This month I saw the fabric (Pink!! Love it!!) and the pattern, which looked like a blooming flower on point, and I thought I had it in the bag. Then I got home and started measuring the fabric and realized there wasn't enough to do what I had originally envisioned. Bummer!!


Trying to recalculate was challenging. Every idea I had wouldn't work with the fabric I had. It was so frustrating. I settled on this layout because it's all I had fabric for. As I look at it again, I am thinking about where I could add some more color. It just feels like too much green.


I've already turned it in for the month, but when I get it back next month I might go back and make some adjustments. As I look at the whole set together I see some additions I might try to make with the color scraps I have left over. There are a few spots where it would be nice to add a splash of color.


Very excited to see the last set of fabric and the last pattern. Then I'll need to start thinking about piecing it all together to finish a top. Hmm..maybe some batik browsing in my future? Awesome!

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. I'm hoping this one won't be a WIP for too much longer. Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Those are very cool blocks. Can't wait to see the last one, and the quilt they become.

    ReplyDelete