Sunday, February 8, 2015

Way More Than There Should Be

I somehow managed to get myself working on several different projects at once. I always prided myself on sticking to one thing at a time when it comes to my quilting projects. I'm not sure when it happened, but I found myself starting new projects when I ran out of materials for the project I was currently on. One thing led to another and... well, now I seem to have more than I can keep track of.


After finally completing my son's bed quilt, I knew what I should work on. I finished this top last year and have all the fabric I need to quilt it. However, after finishing the other twin size I wasn't really feeling like moving right on to another one. I find it very tiring to quilt something this large on my regular machine. It makes me dream of a long arm and I loose energy. I decided it would be better to move on to something else for now.  I'll come back to it though; very soon.


I figured a good distraction would be to make a wall hanging with the Pirate scraps. My kids walls are blank because I'm afraid of them knocking a picture frame on themselves. I thought this might be a good alternative to dress things up while still keeping it safe in the bedrooms. Let the wrestling matches continue...

All I have left to do on this one is quilt it. Hopefully this week I can get this done.


Just to keep things interesting, I started cutting up some fabric I recently purchased at the LQS during their sale. I was really excited and thought it would be quick to put together. No such luck. The "squares" ended up 8" x 8.5" and it took me time to be okay with trimming them down to square. I set them in the periwinkle, which I absolutely love, but realized I didn't have enough. So...to the side it goes until I can get some more.


So, I needed to do something in a small amount of time, you know, before nap time ended, so I pulled out this beautiful set of fabric a friend found for me up north. I saw a quilt at our local quilt show, posted here, and it's my inspiration. I think I'll set the blocks in black and use black in the other blocks. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Way too much going on. I am not used to having this many projects at once and it's a little overwhelming. I guess whatever I need to do to get myself back on track.  It's just a matter of time, and hopefully once I have a few smaller projects finished I can feel good about getting some other things going.

No comments:

Post a Comment