Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Colorful Handkerchiefs

My LQS has a blow out sale every December to help clear out and prepare for their inventory counts and new lines in the new year. This last year I scored a beautiful fabric from Blend Fabrics called 'Paysleigh'. It was a repeating pattern of hankies and the colors were just delicious. They also had a beautiful periwinkle solid that matched the hankies well. It was a pick that, although I had other projects going on, I couldn't resist working on this one right away.


Once I was able to get the fabric cut, things went smoothly. But the squares weren't actually squares; they were off by 1/2". I had to make some adjustments, which slowed me down, and then I was off... until I got to the border.


The quilt panel was long and narrow (I often have this problem). From the Paysleigh piece I had a bunch of triangles, but like the other pieces they weren't squared up. To make it easier on myself I cut squares and put them on point like the rest. I like the modern twist these border blocks add.

Now all I have left is to quilt it. Hopefully I can get that done quickly as well. We'll see...

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced today for WIP Wednesday. This is #3 of my list of 4 from this post. I think I'm doing a good job at catching up with all these different projects I started. One of the others is ready to be pinned so it can be quilted, too. I'm getting there.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I especially like your border solution with the smaller squares on point and only on two sides. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious is a perfect way to describe those colors. That is happy fabric. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! I love how you carried the diamoned blocks out into the border.

    ReplyDelete