Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Little Ditties

I'm into the whole homemade, natural approach to raising my kids.  Is everything free of preservatives? No.  I try to do what I can, but realize there's a point.  I also try to recycle and be aware of my consumption, but again, there's limits.  A friend started using cloth food baggies several months ago and told me about them.  I was intrigued, which brings me to my other weakness.  I am guilty of seeing something and thinking; I could make that!
Fast forward a year and you will finally arrive to the place where I actually try making these little baggies.  I decided to use laminate cotton (really cool stuff that's recently become popular for lunch bags and the like) and line the baggies with PUL fabric. Both are leak resistant and safe for foods to be in contact. 
Here's my first attempt, which was too thick and too stiff...


































So, I moved on to a new technique and it went much better...



































I still need to add fasteners. I think I am going to try velcro for these first 2, but I might try zippers on some of them as well.  We'll see how well they work in action.  It would be kind of cute to make a lunch bag that matches all of these little ditties; I could have a whole set. :)

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced today.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope they will work well for snacks when I add the velcro on top. I appreciate the comment; always nice to get feedback.

      Delete