Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Somewhere over the Rainbow

After all that work getting my bear-paw blocks done for the honey-honey quilt, I needed a break. I decided to start work on a quilt that has been nagging at me.  I have had this particular collection of fabric for years! It's a set of hand dyed rainbow fabrics that I found in a little shop near my hometown that has all sorts of hidden/forgotten treasures in it. I don't know if the shop is even there anymore, but it was a fun little shop if you were looking for something you haven't seen in a while.
I kept thinking I wanted to do a rainbow theme, but didn't know whether to do squares or try to do something more complicated. After flipping through magazines and books trying to get ideas, I finally found something that worked perfect! So, I got to work cutting...


and sewing...


I came up with this wonderful pile of blocks. I still need to iron and assemble. Hopefully I can get that done today. I am so excited to share more information on this little beauty in the near future. Until then, I had better get back to work!

I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.  Can't wait to see what others are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment