Monday, July 1, 2013

Cooking is a Bust This Week

As a child I loved the summer heat. It just meant the pool was going to feel that much better.  I think my children now have that attitude.  However, as an adult the thought of having to turn on the oven when it's this hot just makes you melt into a puddle where they stand. So, there wasn't much cooking going on this week.  We ate dinner twice at my parents house, and sandwiches rescued us another night. So, unfortunately, I have no cooking stuff to share today. I still have a couple of recipes I have been working on, but I haven't had time to play with them yet.  Too Hot!!!

Instead, we did a lot of this...


And I did work a little on my Honey Honey quilt, although even working with an iron was unfriendly.


I am really hoping to make some good progress on this quilt this week, but we'll see if the weather agrees.  And, hopefully, the weather will not deter me from getting into the kitchen, or at least discovering some recipes that don't require heat.  That would be good... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment