I gave myself a little challenge. I had purchased three 1-yard pieces of coordinating fabric at a quilt show a few years ago. I wanted to make a quilt top with them, and decided to challenge myself with only using those three pieces. I managed to use just about every thread of each of those fabrics to finish this quilt. It was awesome!
I was kind of a little sick of triangles when I did this top, so the only triangles in this are along the edges. I was even ready to have a jagged binding on this quilt to avoid triangles, that's how much of a break I was looking for. :)
I created the framed blocks and then decided to create the weave look to connect the framed blocks. I am so happy with how it turned out. It has a lot of flow and dimension. If I could change anything, I wish I could have made it bigger so the pattern would have more room to develop.
When it came to the quilting, I knew I wanted to do straight stitch for the weave with something on the flower print. I had a border template with butterflies and decided to practice my template stitching by tracing the butterflies into the flower print of the quilt.
There is something about the warmth of this quilt that I love! I have it hanging on my sewing chair and every time I walk down the hall I get to see it. I love, love, love that! It would make a great baby girl blanket gift, but for now, it gets to live with me. Yeah!
I am linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish Friday. Can't wait to see everyone else's finishes. Have a great weekend! If you live in the west, like me, stay cool!