Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Labor of Love?

I have been working non-stop on my Honey Honey quit (I need a better name) with the hopes of reporting more progress today.  But alas, it was not to be.  Oh triangles, why do you hate me so? I trim and measure and trim again and still I am struggling to get the correct angles on the triangles when using the jelly roll strips.


They are really starting to come together, though. That's a lot of cutting!


These are the last 32 HST's left to trim and sew and I will be able to start assembling the blocks. Yeah! Last night I was so close, but I had to give it up for the night so I wasn't a miserable mommy today.


It is nice to look back at my progress to help me feel better about what I'm doing. I know this quilt is going to be gorgeous when it's finished, and I really hope my daughter agrees because it's for her (even though she's still in a crib right now :) ).  Love the look of all the different prints all stacked on top of each other.


Hope everyone else is making more progress than me, or having a great 4th of July week and enjoying the great outdoors.  I'll need some of that R'n'R this weekend after all these triangles. I'm linking up with the WIP Wednesday on Freshly Pieced. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. You have reminded me why I paper piece my triangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that. I liked paper-piecing, but haven't done it in a long time. Maybe I need to go back to that. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete