Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bear Paw in the Honey Jar

Working on names for this beauty. I figured I would play off of the bear paw pattern and the honey, honey fabric line I'm using to make it.  I suppose "Bear Paw in the Honey Jar" is a little long, but maybe there's some way I can shorten it a bit. I'm at the layout stage (these pictures were taken at about 11pm, so sorry for the bad lighting).  It's a lot easier to see what needs to change when you look at a picture instead of looking at the real thing.  I'm not sure why? Maybe because it's smaller and easier to see how the colors are working together?


It's like my eye needs to figure out what the bright color is and where it's concentrated.  At the end of the day, the changes I made are probably only things I can see. But, they are also things I would probably obsess over after-the-fact so, better to take the time now.


Okay, that's it! That's the one! Now to sew all the sashing on and see if I can't get this baby finished.  Maybe by next month? ;)

Still working on the rainbow quilt. Pressing my luck to see if I might be able to find more fabric, or at least some nice complimentary fabric to use for a border. The hand-stitched binding of the beach quilt is coming along; I only have one short side left.  I can do it!

I am also trying to figure out how to re-work my stash so it's easier to see everything I have.  Having it organized in bins is nice, but not helpful when it comes to motivation or last minute fill-ins. It also limits me when, on the rare occasion, I am inspired to do a small project like a little bag or basket. Let's see what we can do.

So, busy, busy.  I have been quite distracted by my son's upcoming birthday as well.  It will be his first party with friends, so it's exciting! I am linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I have the block saved on Pinterest to use for a quilt. I really love yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a pretty fast block, once you get the HST's put together. Appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete