Thursday, August 22, 2013

Change of Pace

My son't birthday is coming up and we decided to have a little birthday party this year for him.  We are inviting some other kids to come out and play for a couple of hours; enjoy some cupcakes and ice cream and, in a way, say goodbye to summer (although kids here have been in school for a few weeks already).
I wanted to put some invitations together, but not to anything fancy.  It is a kids party after all. I went through my collection of stamps and found "Birthday Invitation" and "It's Your Day" from Close to my Heart, which are both invitation collections. I combined these two to create the layout.


As I looked at the paper's I had chosen, I realized they looked kind of geometric and a little retro, so I went with a circle in the background to frame the cake, and a more retro looking cake stand and candles.
I used a retired Stampin' Up punch to make the layers of the cake and then used pop-up stickers to give the card some dimension. These little guys whipped up pretty quickly.  They are already in the mail and on their way to the recipients. Here's hopin' it's a fun day with nice weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment