Monday, August 5, 2013

Trying New Things

I have been experimenting with all sorts of things lately.  I have been looking through my recipes and am finding a large number of them include onion soup mix or cream of something soup.  In my pursuit to find alternatives, I have found that beef bouillon has MSG in it, as does onion soup mix. I'll have to keep looking.  I have found some cream soup recipes, including methods to make them in large batches that I am going to try out.  I'll keep you posted as I see what works.

In the meantime, I have really wanted to try more of the canning.  I tried one of the jars of jam I made, and it turned out better than I thought.  The kids really liked it! They were asking for more! Fantastic! I will continue practicing that.  But I also wanted to try canning whole peaches and pears. Soo...



















I got everything ready and plan to try it out tomorrow.  I have read a few different methods of cool packing and hot packing, and of course methods on skinning, which I have never tried either. It should be all new and interesting.  Hoping it goes well.

In the meantime, I had to make some of these chocolate-peanut buttery yummies.  I'm just playing with the recipe for now, but I am hoping to add it to my recipe box soon. My son thinks they are pretty awesome and was willing to do extra chores and eat extra veggies at dinner to get some of these little guys. Rock on!


So, I guess it's time to get back to the serious business of taste-testing my latest creation. Hoping to have more finished with the canning, etc., next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment