Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Back to Work

Oh, it feels so good to start getting this done again! I can't believe how long it has taken to get myself and the kids resettled from our recent trip. Right before the trip I had a couple of people ask for specific quilts, and it's bothering me that I haven't made better progress on them. No more.  It's time to get to work; start cracking the whip on myself!
Last week I made some crazy good progress on my SIL's t-shirt quilt. It's the first I've made, but I love the idea and she was kind/brave enough to let me use some of her t-shirts to 'experiment'. I am so excited about how this is going to look. I've done a bunch of research to figure out the best layouts and what interfacing to use, etc.


Cut, iron, repeat. Repeat. Repeat. You get the idea. It's going well though.  I have a lot of great pieces to work with, and am looking forward to figuring out how to lay everything out.


The other piece I'm working on is a Curious George quilt.  This one was held up because of the difficulty I had finding fabric. Now that I've gotten to work on it, I'm so excited about how it's going to look.


I'm taking an approach similar to how I did my Dr. Seuss quilt. I have a basic pattern/idea that I want it to look like, but I'm kind of going with some of it also.


I am loving the colors, especially the green.  I think I'm going to add some yellow as well, but just a little to break up the medium tones a little. I'm so excited just talking about it! I'm ready to get back to work!

Hope everyone is having a nice week. I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. I'm hoping these will turn into Finished Friday's soon enough.

7 comments:

  1. Oh we are BIG fans of George in this house! I love the fabrics you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I picked up a little yellow today that seems to be adding just a little pop, just like I was hoping. Crossing my fingers the recipient likes it. :) I appreciate the comment; thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Is there Curious George fabric out there? My granddaughter adores George and would love to have that fabric for the backing of a quilt. Cant wait to see your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some Curious George fabric at JoAnn's, but it's on its way out and getting hard to find. I also just put an older, retired piece on my Etsy site, if you're interested. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to have the finished product up soon!

      Delete
  3. I am SUPER EXCITED about the race shirt quilt! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super close to starting work on the t-shirt quilt again. Still have a lot of shirts to cut, but hopefully I will be back to that today or tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete