Wednesday, February 26, 2014

While I'm Waiting...

I finished the Curious George top (Yeah!) and now I'm awaiting the arrival of the backing I ordered. Until then, I had a stack of fabric sitting on my sewing table, and it's literally been there for months. Before that, it was in my 'potential projects' bin for a few years. I feel so lazy/backlogged/distracted. It's all good. I've had an idea kicking around in my head about what to do with the fabric and had to get something going so I won't forget; I hate when that happens.


I wanted to fussy-cut some barn and farm scenes and had the red fabric that matched perfectly with the country theme. This particular block measures about 14inches, so I am debating whether to make some smaller ones as well as a few more big ones. I'll have to play with it a little.


Unfortunately, I don't have much fabric to play with, and like I mentioned I've had this fabric for years. I'm pretty sure there's no finding more of this. That's okay. I'm really thinking this will make a great wall hanging or baby quilt. Just kicking around some ideas.

While I think about that, I will get back to work on the t-shirt quilt until the backing arrives. What would I do if I didn't have a few irons on the fire? Just keepin' myself busy, I suppose. Hope everyone's having a great week! I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Can't wait to see what everyone's working on this week.

2 comments:

  1. it looks great, and I love the little checks fabric - it works very well with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I didn't get the fabric at the same time, but I'm glad it matches so well. Thanks for stopping by, and leaving a comment. I love hearing from people.

      Delete