Friday, October 4, 2013

Scaredy Cat, Scaredy Cat

I made this quilt so many years ago. It was very early on in my quilting experience and there's a lot of things I would do differently if I made it again.  I LOVE this quilt, though! The cats are so cute! The blue background fabric is so awesome. The moon is a great accent to the otherwise dark quilt.


This was a pattern I found in a magazine so long ago, I can't even remember. I tried to find halloween fabrics in black, which was more challenging than I thought it would be. I also wanted a blue background, and fell in love with the moon and stars fabric.  When I look at it now, I realize the blue was too dark. Oh well, I still love it.


The quilting was done by a friend, Arlys Bjorke, and she did an absolutely beautiful job! I realized when I was taking these pictures that I never put a label on this quilt, so I am guessing when I actually completed it.  I sewed on sleeves so I can hang the quilt on my wall, although it's really too big for that.


This one is my favorite cat. I love the little smiley face on the moon's. I wish I had more of this fabric, although I don't know what I would do with it.  It's just super cute.


I learned so much from this quilt, like all the quilts I make.  This one was so much fun to make. I am going to link up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finished Friday! So glad it's October and Halloween is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment