Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Finishing the Bear

I am finally closing in on finishing my Bear in the Honey Quilt.  I feel like I've been working on this quilt for a while.  It started as a pseudo quilt-a-long at a LQS, Quilters Market, called Strippers Club.  My mom helped me out by going and getting the materials for me.  I had to get the white, and soon found I hadn't gotten enough. After another trip to the shop, I got back to work and finished the sashing and was afraid I still didn't have enough white.  I think that stalled me on finishing this top (that and all the piecing for the border, maybe), and it's been sitting aside now for several weeks.


I completed another quilt top during our "break" from each other and when that was finished, I felt like it was time to face the music. Find out if, once again, I would be heading back to get more fabric.  After crunching some numbers, I realized I was going to have just enough. I think I'm going to make it!  Yeah! I am all pumped up now. 


I got to work cutting all these puppies out and I am ready to get to it. I am hoping to finish the top this week and try to get it pinned next week. I already ordered the backing, more Honey Honey, so I am ready to get this done! 


Once it's done, the heat will really be on to get my daughter a bed for her room.  It's only a matter of time and we will be ready to put her new quilt into action. 

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced today for WIP Wednesday.  Here's hoping I can make it a finish quickly. Love to hear from you, if you'd like to leave a message. Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely fresh fabrics you're using ... hope you have enough white to finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see in a few days when I get the whole thing put together if there's enough white. Crossing my fingers! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note.

      Delete