Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tea Time with the Cats

I'm so excited! This week, I finished my Bear Paw in the Honey Quilt top and now I get to start something new until I get it basted for quilting.  What to do, what to do...


I have had this collection of fabric for Y-E-A-R-S! I think my mom bought it about 10 years ago, and there's actually still more that's pink and still on the bolt, but it was in my sleeping daughters bedroom so I couldn't get it out for the pictures. I have been thinking about what to do with this fabric for a long time, and while re-organizing my stash I came across the black fabric with the cat faces and mice faces on it. All of a sudden, the idea of teacups popped into my head.  Wouldn't it be cute if...

So, I searched on-line for a pattern and found this site. She did a wonderful job describing what size the pieces necessary should be cut to and how to assemble it all.  I ended up having to make some small modifications, but overall it was very smooth.  These are my test blocks.


She actually had mugs and teacups, but I only want teacups for this quilt. I actually thought about adding saucers, but I want to finish a few blocks and give myself some time to think about sashing and borders and the like. Until then, I am just going to enjoy the simplicity of cutting and piecing some blocks together. Should be a nice day.


I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced today for WIP Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on right now.  Getting ready for the holidays yet? I haven't even thought beyond Halloween. I guess I'd better get to work.

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute idea! It will be fun to see how your quilt evolves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it works the way I am envisioning. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete