Monday, October 14, 2013

Love me Some Mini Muffins

Oh, mini muffins! So fun and easy to make.  They whip up so quickly, and the kids can't get enough of them. This weekend I had a couple of banana's that needed to be used, so I decided to make some mini muffins for breakfast using this Banana Bread Recipe. I wanted to do something a little different, though, so instead of loaves, I made muffins. And, instead of nuts, I decided to throw in some chocolate chips.  Oh, delight! My son was so excited! He is as much about the chocolate as I am; I love that.


These moist little guys make the whole house smell like yummy goodness. Super soft and airy on the inside, and the chocolate; oh the chocolate! I didn't want to add too much and overwhelm the muffin, and because I was making mini's, the mini chocolate chips really work the best! However, if you don't have any on-hand when you are sparked with the desire to make little mini's, just go with what you have.  Also, when using a mini muffin pan, you need to adjust your bake time only slightly. I baked these at 350F for 12-15 minutes. I tried adjusting my temperature to 325 for the second batch (I need more pans) to see if they would get more color on top, but they did not.  They baked a couple minutes longer, but ended up with the same coloring.


These are great for those busy school mornings when you are running late and looking for something quick, portable, and still homemade and healthy (hello, Monday). They are also a great treat to put into lunches for school. So handy! Okay, now's my chance to eat a few before the kids get up.  I don't know where all your mini muffins went, guys? ;) Oh, it's going to be a great day with the banana-chocolatey goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment