Sunday, March 6, 2016

New Weekly Menu Attempt

I am still adjusting to our new schedule. Kids are off to school and I am working hard to create a well-managed system for the house so it will run more smoothly. I don't feel like I've made much progress on that yet. Maybe by the time they graduate? Who knows...

It's one of the reasons I haven't been posting as much lately, or getting as many quilt projects done as I'd like. I have been trying to post more of the foods I've been making, and I have been trying to make a weekly meal plan as well. This is not just for food cost management, but also to keep me on track each day to make something for dinner.

I mix it up with tried-and-true recipes and new recipes I've been wanting to attempt. I have been able to keep this going for a few weeks now and it's been quite successful. So...in an effort to combine my enjoyment of blogging with my new management efforts, I am going to start posting my weekly menu. Though it's not quilting, it is a craft (both the food and figuring out how to balance everything) and I'm excited to use this for accountability and sharing my efforts with others. I will link meals when I can so others can try them also, if they'd like. If nothing else, maybe it can inspire others to try weekly plans or more cooking at home.  All this said, I still hope to continue posting more quilts and other finished projects, too.

Here's this weeks meal plan:



Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Sunday
oatmeal
milk
leftover pizza and pasta
quesadilla
   -chicken/cheese
carrots
Monday
sausage patty
PBJ
Applesauce
cheez’its
meatloaf
roasted potatoes
green beans
Tuesday
kiddo omelet
lunch at home
rice
broccoli
Wednesday
oatmeal
milk
PB-banana
chips
carrots
rice
snow peas
Thursday
toast
hard boiled eggs
CC&Jam sandwich
apple slice
pizza goldfish
fish/chicken
mix veggies
Friday
waffles
eggs
ham/cheese roll ups
peaches
chips
corn
Saturday
sausage
picnic sandwiches
crackers
apple slices
movie night:
grilled cheese bites
carrot sticks
popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment