Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Broccoli Coleslaw

I have been making this recipe for a long time. It was a "wander the isles" discovery at the store. I needed coleslaw and was looking for a good bag mix. At that time, it was just me and the hubby so I didn't like making bag stuff because it felt wasteful. We couldn't eat it all at once. Enter Broccoli Mix.  I had never heard of this before and was curious how it would be received at home.


The bag was smaller than the others, which meant there would be less waste. I brought it home and the rest is history. We loved it! I've spent the last few years adjusting and perfecting the sauce for it, and now I have a few more around to help eat it up. It's a great alternative to my Creamy Potato Salad; much faster and just as tasty a side. We like to have it with dishes like Crispy Chicken, Hamburgers, and so much more. Super awesome quick side that everyone will love.





Broccoli Coleslaw


4 c broccoli coleslaw
½ c mayonnaise
1 Tbs cider vinegar
1 Tbs sugar






In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.  Adjust to your taste preferences by adding more sugar and/or vinegar.  Don’t worry if you go too far with one or the other, simply add more mayonnaise and continue to adjust.


Add the coleslaw. Start with 3 cups and then add the 4th cup to reach the desired dressing-to-vegetable balance. Again, adjust to your preferences. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment