Sunday, December 7, 2014

Roll Up Pancakes

Okay, I promise I've been doing things. Maybe not as much as I would like given the time of year, but I have been working on things.

Right now is the time of year when I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Not because the weather is right to be inside (we've been having 70's and sunny outside for the most part and it's hard not to go outside and enjoy it) but because it's the time of year when family is visiting for various holidays and gifts are being made for the end of the school semester, etc.

I also have been working on some projects that I didn't want to share until after they've been delivered. One was my SIL's Second Quilt and the other is TBA soon. Suspense....

But, back to the kitchen... I have been playing with a recipe that, once again, I found on my fave food blog, Mel's Kitchen. I have made it a few times and it has become a recipe that my son requests again and again. It is great for breakfast, for leftovers re-heated the next morning, breakfast on-the-go, and for lunches rolled up with fruit. It is an amazing recipe! And I have not found one thing I would change about it.


It's packed with protein, it has a minimal amount of carbs, and it tastes great with just the smallest drizzle of syrup so you're not adding a ton of calories there. I encourage you all to visit Mel's blog and checkout this Roll Up Pancake recipe along with all of the other wonderful recipes she has on her site. I am posting it on my site simply because I want it in my recipe book that I've created on here. You must try this recipe!



Roll Up Pancakes

1 c cottage cheese
6 eggs
1/2 c flour (white or whole wheat)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c canola oil
1/4 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbs sugar




Put all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until well mixed. Pour about 1/4 c batter into a well-heated, greased skillet and swirl it outward to create the larger, flat pancake.  8-inch will create smaller pancakes, 10-inch creates bigger ones. Allow to brown and set for a minute or so and then flip. It takes some practice to work with such a large, thin pancake, but you'll get the hang of it quickly. Flip and allow the second side to brown. Remove from the pan to a plate and continue with the rest of the batter until all of it is used.
Drizzle a small amount of syrup, jam, fruit, or bacon to the pancake and roll it up. Allow the leftovers to cool and place them in the refrigerator or freezer. Both work great.

No comments:

Post a Comment