Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Kefir Fruit and Veggie Blends

I am still growing and learning what I like about my morning kefir shakes. I decided it was time to add some veggies to this mix. I immediately thought of spinach. The flavor effect is minimal, the color and nutrients are great, and it blends well. Fantastic! 


I haven’t tried kale yet, but I’m optimistic and it’s on the list. Carrots are great for color, sweetness, and the yummy beta-carotene. Not to mention cucumber; fantastic for your skin and provides a fresh flavor.

 
Morning Filler

1 c kefir milk
½ c spinach, chopped
1/3 c strawberries
1/3 c banana, sliced







Orange Julius Smoothie


1 c kefir milk
½ c mandarins (I use canned, but one cutie would work too)
1/3 c banana, sliced
½ c carrots, chopped
1 Tbs agave nectar




Berry Salad

1 c kefir milk
½ c frozen or fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc)
½ c spinach or kale, chopped
1 Tbs agave nectar

*could use cucumber instead of spinach





Even since I put this together I am finding more and more blends. I love peaches, pears, mango, all sorts of things. Let me know if there's a combination you like that I haven't thought of yet. I am particularly interested in adding more veggies. Mmm, it all sounds so yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment