I had a bunch of scraps from my beach quilt and I have been playing with them to see what I could do with them. For some reason, everything I come up with, I was not happy with. I have now tried two different patterns and am on my 3rd. I think I have figured it out now! Yeah!
This was the first attempt. There was just something about the layout that I didn't like. I actually picked it all apart so I could start over. The second attempt was short-lived. I thought about doing a log cabin type of thing, but when I drew it up, it wasn't what I'd hoped.
So, moving on to my third attempt. I decided to use the sea shell fabric as a center and frame 5" squares. A whitish color fabric will be cornerstones for each square, and I am already happy with how it's looking. Pictures to come. Yeah!