Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Maybe Finish Today?

I started a couple of basket quilts almost a year ago.  I am not sure why I made 2 instead of one large one, but I am kind of regretting that now. They are too small to be used as picnic blankets, which was my original intent, and too large to be tabletop decor, so I am just not sure what I am going to do with them. I suppose if nothing else, they are really good for color identification practice with my kiddos :).

I had blogged about this one before here, and I have been making slow progress since then.

I finished the first one months ago, and I am finally finishing the second one. I have had to manually run my quilting foot, rather than enjoying the BSR that comes with my machine; I guess it doesn't like black fabric.  I am practicing more of the stencil quilting on the blocks, and I feel like it's going better and better.  I am getting more comfortable with following lines and patterns. That being said, I am still very critical of my work and wish it was coming out a little better. I am going to finish the borders with some simple straight line stitching; nothing fancy. We'll see how it looks when it's finished.  I'm looking forward to getting this done and posted. Hopefully Friday will be the day. Cross my fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan - I wanted to give you a little info on how I do my dog sweaters but I can't seem to find your email. Email me (address is available through my blog) if you want the info for your sister. Cheers - ann

    ReplyDelete