Monday, May 13, 2013

Leap Frog, Leap Frog

Many years ago, while my sister was in college, she really wanted some new curtains for the bedroom at the house she was living in. So, we went to the fabric store and she picked out some fabric.  Let's just say my sister likes bold, bright, and electric type of colors.  She also likes whimsical, which is why she picked out frogs leaping around to go with the rainbow tye-dye fabric. I love it!


So we weren't the best with measurements and we ended up with WAY more fabric than we needed.  So, what to do...


I guess we'll make a quilt! Looking back, I would have added way more to it.  It needs a lot more black to break up all the bright colors. Fortunately, I still have more of the fabric to try again. We'll see how the next ones turns out.


For the quilting, I stitched swirls on the frog part as lily pads and then for the border I did some FMQ of leaves with swirls.  I had fun with the quilting on this one, and it was definitely the bright quilt my sister was hoping for.


While visiting her in the PNW I decided to pull it out and take advantage of how photogenic her place is.  Couldn't get enough of this rustic fence. Just awesome!

1 comment: