Monday, November 24, 2014

Family is Here!

Today some of our family arrived for the Thanksgiving holiday week. Love it! I have been working feverishly all weekend to prepare for their visit.  Basically, I wanted to get as much done ahead of time as I possibly could so that I didn't have to do too much while they're here.  

So far I have dinner rolls and stuffing done. I also made a second batch of sugar cookies for decorating (the first batch might have been consumed by certain members of our house while waiting for the visitors to arrive). All I have left to do is the pies, which I really need to do, but I don't want to make them too early. All of this baking and cooking meant there wasn't much time for quilting, but it did get a little in. 


These cute little blocks are from a panel that I ordered. It's a part of the Pirates! line by Andover Fabrics. I already finished the matching curtains for my sons room here and now I want to get the quilt finished. I was trying to keep it simple and cut out blocks of four pictures to work with, but when I put the borders on the blocks I immediately knew it wasn't going to work. I unstitched everything, cut the blocks down to individual pictures, and have begun the process of sewing them back together with my own sashing. I am already SO MUCH HAPPIER with this! It's amazing what a difference something like that can make. I am really excited to get back to work on it, but it will have to wait for now.

Instead I decided to whip together some of my Best Cinnamon Rolls for the visitors. I think it's safe to say they liked them...


Tomorrow I might try some Roll-up pancakes from a recipe I found from my fave food blog, Mel's Kitchen. I really need to put a post together for myself; I go to her site for this recipe that much! Sorry for the bad pictures, they were taken quickly between events today and I didn't get to spend much time with lighting or blur. There's just too much fun to be had right now to worry about that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment