Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Another missed Craft Day

Several years ago (or maybe a decade, you know, whatever) a group of friends started 'Craft Day'. It is a once-a-month gathering of fellow crafters where we bring our projects, share ideas, borrow equipment, etc. Ten years later and we are still getting together.  It's so awesome to be involved with such a fun and creative group!

Unfortunately the last few months my husbands work schedule has prevented me from attending.  This weekend I thought I was going to make it. I had all sorts of ideas and plans of things to work on, including Christmas cards and scrapbooking! But alas, he had a last-minute assignment and it wasn't going to happen. So, I decided to have my own little craft day at home. 

The first thing I wanted to do was make some jam.  We are almost out of strawberry and I had purchased a ton of blackberries to try.  


First I thought I didn't have enough fruit, so I bought more. Then, I realized I had too much so I had to double the batch. Then, I discovered I didn't have enough sugar for a double batch, so I put the second batch in the fridge to finish the next day. Then I realized the pectin I had left to use was low sugar and it would have worked. At that point I decided I was done with jamming for the day. 


What did get finished turned out great, and the next day the second batch also worked out. Phew!

So, then it was on to some quilting. I needed to finish hand-stitching the binding on my most recent project and it was one of those times where you're so close....


It was 10pm... I'll just keep going until the news is over. 10:30... I am SO CLOSE. 11pm... I finished! ...... and everyone was asleep. I had to pat myself on the back and head to bed. 

It was a long crafting day, but I got so much done.  It would have been a lot better if I'd had others to chat with, but next month I have remedied that.  Craft Day is at my house.  Give the kids a movie and work with great friends around the crafting table. Luckily they don't mind the occasional kiddo outburst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment