Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Way Too Long

Oh, it has been way too long. It is so wonderful to have family visit for the Thanksgiving holiday. I just love seeing all the cousins play together and all of us siblings get to catch up. It is definitely busy, and loud, and tiring; but it's totally worth all of it!

I had a few different projects going before everyone arrived, and now I am starting to get back to work on a couple of them. I hope my kiddos feel like having a couple of down days at home as much as I do. I am in that kind of mood that I'd like to be locked up in a room for the whole day to just work to get things done. I know that's not happening, but maybe some time to work would be nice, too.

I finished attaching the binding onto the Oriental Triangles Quilt and now I just need to finish it off with a hand-bind.


Oh, I love these fabrics. I was actually hoping to do this on the move while everyone was in town, but no luck.  It turns out I was on the move too much. That's okay, a nice evening project will be calming. Hopefully I can finish it in a few days.

I also started putting together a large bag out of the leftovers I had from my Bear Paw in the Honey Jar Quilt. I was actually hoping to get this together before everyone arrived, but no luck.


It's my first attempt at a bag. I love these fabrics, but they might be a little much for this scrappy bag. Maybe not. We'll see how it turns out when I'm all done. I have not made a bag like this before, so I don't know if I'm doing it right or not.  We'll see.

There's still another project I have in the works as well, but it's just too dark to take pictures of quilting. Maybe that will be on next weeks list. I also took a bunch of shirts from my SIL that I want to make into a t-shirt quilt. I need to do a little research for the best methods, sashing, etc. I think that will happen next week as well.

Okay, it's back to work. Yeah! Oh, I've missed you, little sewing machine. I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Gotta get back in the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment