Saturday, November 23, 2013

I Promise I'm Getting Things Done

I feel like I've been a total slacker about posting lately. It's not that I'm not working on things, I promise. In fact, here are some of the things I've been doing:



1. I wanted to try canning apples, so I bought a few pounds of apples and started my experimenting. My hope is that by next year I will have techniques and tastes figured out and I will be able to can a bunch of stuff, not just these small batches. I was surprised that the 5 lbs of apples I bought only made 1 quart jar and 2 pint jars.  I figure if they don't taste good straight out of the can, I can use them in an apple pie next week for Thanksgiving, right? We'll check to see how they taste in the next day or two and see if they are worthy.





2. I was on a mission to finish the Oriental Triangle Quilt. I was practicing feathers, and having thread issues (I kept running out and having to get new spools). I finally finished the quilting yesterday afternoon and now I just need to bind it. I admit, I am a little sold on the hand-binding,  so it might still take a little time to get this bad boy done. We'll see how I'm feeling when I attach the binding.







3. I have been cutting up the scraps from my Bear Paw in the Honey Quilt to make a large purse/diaper bag for myself. My old one is just sad and needs to retire.  I know the pattern I want (once again, it's in my head) and I started sewing the scraps together yesterday. It's really starting to come together nicely.  I can't wait to see the finished product.





Of course, I still have my little cat tea cups I've been working on and I've picked up a new project that someone else patched together and I am going to quilt it and bind it.  I'm excited to get to work on that project next. I have set the quilting of the Bear Paw in the Honey Jar for now. I am still not sure what to do and need to think about it a little. To be continued on that.
For now, I am going to go out in the pouring rain to ride an organized bike ride that I have been preparing for the last 10 months. Here's hoping I don't get too soaked, or cold. Deep breath, and... I'm ready to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment