Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Experimenting with Cinnamon Rolls

The best kind of experimenting! Almost as good as experimenting with cookies! We have started our own little tradition of cinnamon rolls for christmas breakfast.  The first few years my Dad would brave the mall to purchase a pack of Cinnabon rolls for us all to enjoy.  A couple of years ago, though, I thought it would be fun to make them myself.


I have been on the hunt for a good recipe since then. There were a few failed attempts, and a combination of a couple different recipes, but I think I have finally mastered my technique and I am almost ready to share. I need to try one more thing; one more part of the experimenting. And no, it's not the tasting -aka devouring the entire pan before the kids wake up- part.


I put half of the dough in the freezer to save for later and I want to see how it comes out in a couple days. I like recipes that can be over-sized and then reserved for later. Makes life easier later when I'm in a pinch for time. Meanwhile, the kids and I will be enjoying these goey, delicious, totally NOT healthy buns for breakfast.  Maybe if we have some fruit with it, it will be healthier?

No comments:

Post a Comment