Sunday, May 8, 2016

Weekly Menu, May 8

I didn't know if I was going to make it tonight, for a couple reasons.

The obvious one; it's Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all! I've been spending a wonderful weekend with my children, husband, and parents. I've received some beautiful handmade projects that I will enjoy for years to come, and I've had wayyyyy tooooo muchhhh fooooood. I feel like I'm going to burst. Ironically, non of it was on my menu. Some things you just can't plan.

The other reason: this week is a mess of eating out and eating with others, so I'm just not sure what it's going to look like. My birthday is this week but we haven't really figured out when we should celebrate. I want to celebrate with my children, but this week is also the last week of childcare at our local fave preschool. It's such a bummer they don't keep doing it during the summer. The kids love it and it's a nice little break for me, too. I also want to celebrate with my parents and other friends, so we'll probably have another dinner at their house. Maybe even do a little swimming? Oh yeah!

But alas, I felt like I'd better have a plan for the other days or things could get messy real quick. We're already eating out a lot, I don't want to make it worse by not having a plan. Last week we weren't able to try the tequitos because I didn't get the necessary meat. It got bumped to this week and I really hope we're able to get it done. Other than that, not too much excitement on this menu.



Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Sunday
pancakes
sausage
eggs
leftovers
chinese food dinner
Monday
oatmeal

PBJ sandwich
cantaloupe
chips
mac n cheese
fish/chicken
broccoli
Tuesday
pancakes
eggs
tortilla roll up
cheese its
apple slices
Birthday Dinner
Wednesday
cinnamon toast
sausage patty
PBN crackers
goldfish
fruit cup
beef taquitos
refried beans
corn
Thursday
biscuit & jam
eggs
CC & jam sandwich
graham sticks
yogurt
chicken & cheese manicotti
green beans
Friday
bfast burrito
PBJ sandwich
goldfish
applesauce
Date Night
Saturday
waffles
eggs
bacon
grilled cheese
chips
watermelon
Dinner at Mom’s

We only have a couple more weeks of school left, and I'm hoping I can have a little more fun in the kitchen once my driving time gets reduced. I'd even like to incorporate the kids more. They enjoy cooking and might even be willing to be a little more adventurous if they help.

Yikes! How can it be the end of the school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment