Sunday, May 15, 2016

Weekly Menu, May 15

Last week was a mess, and in many ways a total disaster. I don't know if it's my age, or my last 12 months of efforts to eat healthier, or simply a string of bad food but this week I felt yucky all week! I am starting to think there's value in combining my birthday with Mothers Day and get it all done at once. The days we did cook at home were difficult because I didn't feel good so I wasn't very motivated. New week, new menu, and new inspiration to stay on track.

On the plus side, I got an AWESOME new printer for my birthday! I haven't had easy access to a printer in years, and I don't think I realized how many things I avoided or found tedious ways to accomplish. Now I can print my weekly menu after making it for easy access each day, which hopefully will make for a better success rate.

I also got a dough hook for my new food processor I got for christmas. I didn't realize the value of my dough hook on my old machine. The book for the new machine said the chopping blade would work just as well. So NOT True! It leaves the dough lumpy and inconsistent. I haven't tried the new blade, but I'm super excited to give it a whirl. I think there's three bread recipes in this weeks menu. I will really be putting it to the test.



Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Sunday
roll up pancakes
sausage
eggs
ham sandwiches
Cheetos
apple slices
steak kabobs
rice
broccoli
Monday
waffles
eggs

PBJ sandwich
watermelon
chips
chicken teriyaki meatballs
rice
stir fry veggies

Tuesday
cinnamon toast
HB eggs

cheese & meat skewers
Cheetos
apple slices
ravioli in white sauce
broccoli

Wednesday
pancakes
sausage patty
PBN crackers
goldfish
fruit cup
beef quesadillas
corn
beans
Thursday
biscuit & jam
eggs
turkey & cheese roll up
watermelon
goldfish
hot dogs
homemade buns
baked beans
baby carrots
Friday
bfast burrito
PBJ sandwich
goldfish
applesauce
pizza
salad
Saturday
oatmeal

hot dogs
chips
watermelon
Mac N Cheese
broccoli & carrots


I think I've got some new things in place to make this week work smoothly. It's the last week of school here for the kids, which will either help me or hurt me. We'll see, but I'm optimistic! We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment