Sunday, May 22, 2016

Weekly Menu, May 22

Wow, another week done. Last week was a total blur. Between end-of-year parties and commencements, and of course last minute mom time enjoyed before summer begins, we got nothing done last week. It felt like one of those weeks where I was lucky to get anything on the table.

I actually discovered something interesting last week. With all the eating out and eating on the run, I felt horrible. Even exercise wasn't enough to fend off the feeling of grease and fat and generally unhealthy foods I was consuming. I was actually missing my home-cooking and portioned meals. The balance that comes with cooking for yourself and having control over what ingredients are used and in what quantities. It has reignited my desire to continue with my weekly menu's and work harder to find ways to avoid eating out (or at least find smarter ways to eat out).

When planning this week, I really wanted to keep it simple as we figure out our balance in our new summer schedule. I created a magnet schedule (I'll have to write a post about that sometime this week), and so far the kids are interested.  As for food, here's what we have going on this week.



Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Sunday
waffles
eggs
turkey sandwich
goldfish
apple slices
crispy chicken
mashed potatoes
green beans
Monday
oatmeal
Pizza
carrots
watermelon
beef quesadillas
corn
refried beans
Tuesday
Welsh biscuits
sausage links
PBN crackers
strawberries
yogurt
chicken manicotti
broccoli
Wednesday
bfast burrito
grilled cheese
goldfish
cantelope
steak/fish
potatoes
carrots
Thursday
pancakes
eggs

PBJ
chips
apple slices
chicken kabobs
rice
pineapple
green peppers
Friday
toast
sausage patties
meat & cheese skewers
cheez-its
grapes
crockpot ravioli casserole
broccoli
Saturday
biscuits & jam
HB eggs

hot dogs
chips
cantelope
Mac n Cheese
sauted chicken
carrots

Hopefully we'll be able to transition smoothly into a comfortable summer schedule. I am really excited about summer. So many fun things to do with the kids, and so much more relaxed; in other words a LOT LESS commuting! Yeah to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment