Friday, October 31, 2014

Sailboats in the Festival

I decided I really want my Sailboats Quilt to give it a try in the Blogger Quilt Festival in the Small Quilts category. I encourage everyone to come visit and vote for your favorites in the coming days! It's going to be a lot of fun, and you might get some new ideas to try.



This was a quilt born of an accident, and so much fun I couldn't resist. The fabrics are from a line called Noah's Arc, but I don't remember the designer. 


 I purchased them many, many, many years ago for another baby quilt and used them to 'practice' my sailboats block pattern. Little did I know it would turn into this wonderful finish!



I wanted to make the quilting look like the wind blowing in the sails, and the waves rocking the boats, so the swirls seemed like the perfect pattern to accomplish both of those at once. 


Finished with a hand-stitched binding in yellow, this little guy was an awesome project that I accidentally fell into and fell in love with!

2 comments:

  1. I love that scrappy triple inner border! Frames the boats well and adds interest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt- and the quilting is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete