Tuesday, October 21, 2014

BOM7 - Pretty Purple Flowers

Not a very exciting title, but what are you going to do?  Definitely doesn't reflect the coolness of this block. The last couple of blocks have been really challenging, but this one came together right away.


I actually thought of the design while in the class getting the fabric and pattern. I thought I'd change it when I got home, especially because I had plans for the last two and then came home and discovered I didn't have enough fabric, but it worked! Yeah!


Rather than create one big flower, I decided to break it into three flowers with a stem this time.  The pattern leant itself to that well.


That makes seven blocks now.  It's really starting to come together. I love seeing all of these blocks laid out. I have actually thought about quilting-as-you-go on this one because I keep thinking of quilting patterns for each of these flowers as I piece them together. I hope I can remember what I was thinking about when I am all finished and ready to quilt. I've never tried the quilt-as-you-go method so it's a little intimidating. Maybe I need to add it to my sewing 'bucket list'.

Have to get this block over to the Quilters Market for display and then next week we get our new block. Can't wait to see what's next! These are awesome, and have been so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment