Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Boy-ish Thank You's

Last month was my son's 5th birthday! What?!?!? How is this happening? He's growing up fast, and is surrounded by wonderful, caring people. To celebrate his birthday this year, we had a simple dinner gathering at our house. It was all adults, except for my two kiddos, who incidentally, had a blast! He got some really neat presents that we've been enjoying daily and I wanted to send out thanks to those who thought of him on his special day. Sooo...


I put these little guys together.  It was based off a previous card I had made but it has different colors and prints. I wanted to make sure it looked more boy-ish, if that makes sense.  Some of my cards can be a little too much pink and frill; maybe when my daughter needs thank you's.


It was simple and quick to construct. Simply cut the pattern paper to size and frame it with a solid, corresponding color. Tack it to the card, an then cut a thin strip on another corresponding solid with a textured paper. I used a linen texture and sanded it a bit to give it a more distressed look. I stamped the "Thank You" sentiment (this particular stamp is from CTMH and the ink is chocolate chip from Stampin' Up). Finally, I added a couple of brads on either end and tacked it across the card. All finished!


I got these sent out before posting so as not to ruin the surprise in the mail for anyone. :) I hope the recipients enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment