Tuesday, June 10, 2014

French Country Nesting Bags

A while back I completed this French Country Bag to practice making patterns.  It was interesting working with pre-quilted fabric, and I wasn't so sold on it after making this first bag.  But, I had leftovers, and you just can't let leftovers go to waste, so I decided to make some little bags.


These little bags were fun.  They nest inside each other, making it easier for storage, and of course they coordinate. I used the different patterns the fabric made to create the three different looks.


It also gave me a chance to practice more with zippers; something I have little practice with and want to be able to do better. I've not done many zippers and this is a good way to practice them. I am super happy with how they turned out.  I think I'm finally figuring out how to use them fast and efficient. Cool!

So cute all tucked inside each other. Happy little bags! I also put one of my labels on the outside bag, but not on the inside ones.  Partly because I forgot to do it on the others, but also because I figured they were a set and they only needed one label.


I finished these little guys and still have fabric left over.  I would have kept going, but I ran out of zippers, so I need to get some more before I can make more. Always something dragging me to the craft shops; bummer. ;) Well, now it's off to work on some other projects. What else can I get done!

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Only one of the many projects I have going on right now.  Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment