Friday, June 27, 2014

Now What to Do...

I was really hoping to have a quilt finish, but it just didn't work out that way. I finally got some fabric for the binding of my Marmalade ZigZag Quilt, and it's attached to the quilt, but I still need to sew it down and I am trying to decide whether to hand-bind or cheat and finish it with the sewing machine.

While I think about that, I've been working away on my Vintage Star Quilt. I am so excited about this quilt! I have the picture in my head of what it's going to look like when I'm finished. I was trying to make it a little bigger than usual (more like a twin size).  Unfortunately, my plans have been thwarted and I have to decide whether to hunt down more gray and white, or if I should change the sashing so I will have enough.  What do you think?

#1, Loose some sashing so I have enough:


#2, Hunt for more gray and white for the original plan:


Does it matter? Does it look better having the pattern fabric right up against the star or does it look better to have a buffer in the gray? Any input is greatly appreciated.  Feel free to leave a comment for me.  Meanwhile, I am going to keep humming and hawing about it. Such a bummer when this happens, but I am still so excited to see the finished product!

I hope having all my stars done counts as a finish! I was super happy about that! I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish Friday. Can't wait to hear from everyone, and to check out what everyone else has been working on!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks good either way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. I am leaning towards #1, so we'll see how it turns out.

      Delete